Assessment for Skilled Migration in Australia
Occupational therapists wanting to apply for skilled migration in the category of:
ANZSCO 252411 – Occupational Therapy
are required to undertake an assessment in compliance with the OTC requirements. This Stage 1 assessment is for overseas-trained practitioners and Australian-trained practitioners. Australian-trained practitioners with a qualification suitable for registration purposes do not need to do the Stage 2 period of supervised practice.
Stage 1 — Desktop assessment – explanatory notes relating to this process, together with the application form can be found in the “forms” section of our website.
On completion of the Stage 1 desktop assessment, the occupational therapist will be advised in writing of the suitability of qualifications for the purpose of applying for skilled migration. A certified copy of this assessment letter should be provided with your application for migration purposes to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
The Stage 1 desktop assessment can take up to four weeks from the date the OTC receives a completed application.
The cost for the Stage 1 desktop assessment is A$1200.00 and payment of this fee may be made as follows:
- Visa and Mastercard – please download and complete the attached form to accompany your application visa-payment-form
- A money order issued by Australia Post.
- A bank cheque drawn by an Australian bank.
- A personal cheque drawn on an Australian bank account.
- Foreign bank draft in Australian dollars and drawn on an Australian bank.
- Direct debit as follows – any bank charges incurred by the OTC will be passed on to the practitioner for reimbursement.
|Account name:||Occupational Therapy Council|
|Account no.:||28 2504|
Please ensure your name appears on the statement of the OTC, and you advise us via email that payment has been effected.
A period of supervised practice (Stage 2) undertaken in Australia also needs to be completed prior to general registration being granted. Please visit the “forms” section of our website to obtain the guidelines relating to this process, and view the examples of a practice audit plan and learning goals.